Friday, May 31, 2019

Our Father

Some of us have had fathers who let us down. Some of us, when we think about fathers, think only of disappointment or pain. But God is not an approximation of our earthly fathers. We have a heavenly Father. Even the finest moments of the best earthly fathers are only a glimpse of what this Father is to us and for us. He’ll never renege on his love. He’ll never leave us in the dark. He’ll never forget what we told him or what he promised us. He’ll make no mistakes. He’ll never ditch us, even if everyone else has turned their backs on us, and no matter how much we let him down. All of us have tested his patience to limits beyond extreme. And yet still he comes again and again calling out, My daughter. My son. You’re my child. I predestined to adopt you into my family. I made you. I sought you. I bought you. I love you. I’m with you.

A Begg
Pray Big
The Good Book Company
Kindle location 782

No comments: